Sunday, October 24, 2010

Roll N' Roaster, Brooklyn, NY

HI HI HIYA! Welcome to the blog once again! Today's entry will be about one of my favorite pit stops on the way to AC which also happens to be a kind of historical landmark...ROLL N' ROASTER! Be prepared to have the best lunch/dinner/2am munchie trip of your life.



Roll N' Roaster has been around for decades. To put it in perspective, my 55 year old father can remember taking his dates there on a friday night during his teen years. Like I said, been around for a WHILE. The place has not changed a bit! It still is decorated the exact same way. Orange and yellow themed plastic booths with a huge pick up counter in the front where they display the 3,000 items you can have smothered in gooey cheese sauce. They have everything from your original roast beef sandwiches to pizza pies and fried shrimp. Everything on their menu is A-may-zang.


For this trip, my Dad and I got the original roast beef sandwich, onion rings, and a vanilla shake. The roast beef sandwich is probably the best thing you'll ever have in your life. I always order mine medium rare because I like it bloody juicy and double dipped in gravy (for no extra charge). The roll is perfect, it holds the gravy and keeps the meat nice and moist without becoming too soggy.  The meat is seasoned perfectly and the whole thing is just a big ol' piece of GODDAMN DELICIOUSNESS.


Next were the onion rings. Now, I usually don't eat onion rings because I usually don't like fried things, but these were epic. A little well done and Krunchy as heK. Some people go a little crazy and order a side of cheese sauce to dip these babies it, but I usually go for the classic dip in ketchup, you can't go wrong with that. 


My favorite part of the meal, without a doubt, is the one, the only, VANILLA SHAKE! YAYYY! Without a doubt, the best shake you will ever have in your life. Creamy, cold, smooth, vanilla goodness topped with thick airy whipped cream. Oh boy, now I want one. This place is SO good, you will have it stuck in your head from the first bite. Before you die, make it your life's mission to enjoy Roll N' Roaster and it's fine gravy dipped sandwiches and the best shake you'll ever have. This place rules.






Menu Full Meal

Medium Rare

Pure Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment