Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mangoes Mexican Restaurant, Bethpage, NY

Hey Foodie Friends,


   I hope everyone is doing well and keeping their tummies full! Today's post is about my favorite little Mexican restaurant on Long Island called Mangoes. Not only is the food always great, but they are family owned and so so so nice! I should thank Chris's Mom and Dad for introducing me to this place a couple of years ago, because I've been there probably twice a month every since.


   Usually, when I go to restaurants, I love to try new things off the menu once I know it's a good place. Howeverrrrr, when it comes to Mangoes, I can't help but but order the shrimp fajitas every single time I'm there. They're THAT GOOD! They go for $17 and you get 8 medium sized shrimp atop a pillow of sizzling sweet onions and green peppers, rice, beans, and dollops of guac, sour cream, pico de gallo and 3 homemade tortillas. Yes, homemade. The onions and peppers are always cooked to perfection; they are caramelized perfectly so that they are as sweet as candy. Since I love spicy food, I order mine minus the green peppers, PLUS sauteed jalapenos on the side. Wooooie! Hot and Spicy goodness. Another great addition, if you like hot and spicy things, is their homemade habanero hot sauce. You have to ask the waiter/waitress to bring it to you because it's not out on the table. It'll be our little secret ;). After I house the entire thing, I feel like Professor Klump, but it's so worth it! Oh Mangoes, how I love thee.


   Chris usually orders mole poblano. That's one dish I truly do not understand, and I don't know why. Everytime he gets it, I try it and my brain doesn't know what to make of it. Is it chocolate? Is it spicy? I just don't know. But, I have tried the mole at other places, and I seem to think (and Chris agrees) that theirs is pretty damn good. So, I guess if you understand what that dish is supposed to be, it's good and you should order it. If not, GET THE FAJITAS!
  
    Oh, they also have really good table side Guac for about $7. It's worth it, you'll love it. Get it, eat it. MMM!


             Shrimp fajitas/jalapenos/hot sauce     


        Sides 


Mole Poblano


 Tiny bit of Guac left 

No comments:

Post a Comment