Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bonne Saison, Bayside, Queens

Hello again my little french fries! I hope everyone has been eating well. 

    Last Friday some great friends (with great beard to mustache ratios) and I went to Bayside, Queens to go out for the night. We started out at Brew's Brothers for a quick game of beer pong to wake our stomachs up. After, we went to Bonne Saison, a Thai/French restaurant recommended by my lovely friends Ana-Sofia and Zach. 

    I know it sounds weird, Thai AND French food in the same place? But let me tell you, it was mmm mmm GOOOOOD. I've been to the other Thai place that is close by, called Erawan and there is NO comparison. At Bonne Saison, it is family run. You can actually peek into the kitchen and see the Thai family hard at work. George, the head waiter and hell of a nice guy, will be happy to give you some recommendations that suit your tastebuds. The best part about this place is the price. It is extremely reasonable for the quality and quantity of food served. It is a small quaint restaurant but the table settings and atmosphere is elegant. Overall, it kicks Erawan's ass up and down Northern Blvd. Next time, I'm trying an all French menu.

     As always, I took pictures of the food I liked. For appetizers we had homemade pork dumplings with a delicious tangy dipping sauce and sliced steak salad with a citrus vinaigrette. The dumplings were so different and unique than any other dumpling I've had before. They looked like little handmade flowers filled with meat, delightful. They were so tasty and juicy, I might have to get an order to go next time. The steak salad was recommended by one of the women working in the kitchen. She said it was the best, so I ordered it, and she was right. SO good.
      
    For the main course we tried Pad Seiw. It was some beef with flat noodles in a brown sauce. So meaty, beefy and good. I would have to say that was my favorite main course because I'm not really a fan of sweet coconut Thai dishes. But if you do enjoy those, the green curry with chicken was very tasty. I think each meal was about $15 each. 

    Please go there and experience it for yourself. Say Hi to George for me! Enjoy the pics....

Pork Dumpling      Steak Salad Chicken&Noodles Green Curry                  Pad Siew

No comments:

Post a Comment